WANNA GET AWAY
A year had past since “Wanna Get Away Island”...
(WGA Island was a UGC contest encouraging consumers to share their WGA moments on social media with a chance to win an all inclusive trip to a private tropical island Southwest Airlines purchased. It was a huge success.)
We were tasked with the evolution of SWA’s Wanna Get Away Campaign.
Story in the data:
In an effort to evolve the campaign, we analyzed over 4,000 unique articulations of what Wanna Get Away meant to individuals. Submissions that gave us an inside peak into human truths and scenarios where embarrassment often strikes.
We filtered all of these responses into 12 creative territories:
- Important object becomes inaccessible
- Important location becomes inaccessible
- Unintentionally interrupting someone’s private space
- Unaware of something everyone around you is aware of
- A pressing issue that must wait to be remedied
- A special event doesn’t go as intended
- Temporarily loss of control of a bodily function
- Revealing oneself without intention of doing so
- Unable to resist a physical need
- Comically avoiding physical injury
- Mistakenly revealing information to wrong recipient
- Something private is revealed publicly